This video is video 1 of a 9 part series describing the Dynamic Mill Tool Engagement & Stepover. You can get access to the remaining videos by signing up for the free course.
Get the free lesson by clicking here.
This FREE lesson provides an in depth look at what "Tool Engagement Angle" is and how it is used in Mastercams Dynamic Milling Toolpath. There are 9 videos in the course which look into what the toolpath is doing and why it's stepover value appears to change throughout the cut... plus some other cool stuff including:
- Internal and External Dynamic Toolpaths. There are two different approaches when using the Dynamic toolpath, machining from the outside in and machining from the inside out.
- Using Mastercam's Analyze Distance function. We will use this measurement function to examine the stepover values created within the Dynamic toolpath
- Extra functionality in Mastercam's Backplot feature. Did you know that Backplot can do more than just backplot a toopath!
- Defining what Tool Engagement actually is, including some really cool Math. Some may want to skip over the math portion of this course, but I suggest giving it a look. Math is fun right?
- Toolpath analysis, plus turning a toolpath into geometry. Did you know you can create geometry using the Toolpath Backplot? This created geometry will be used in the toolpath analysis.
- Wrap it all up and explain why all of this information is important. Once you see what the toolpath is actually trying to do, the resulting toolpath makes a lot more sense.